Thursday, September 5, 2013

My new toy.

My new toy. by The Paper Doll
My new toy., a photo by The Paper Doll on Flickr.
Yes, I really am getting with the current technology of makeup. Happily it doesn't involve a computer screen or keyboard so I should be safe. Airbrush makeup is THE thing for HD image capture. If you want flawless looking skin, you need to learn how to use an airbrush. I've spent most of today watching tutorials and reading all about airbrush technique. The most informative vlog entry I found was by someone called EnKore, you can find the pin on my Pinterest site. He made his own mixing medium and airbrush foundations. I'm mixing some up tonight to test before tomorrow's makeup throwdown. The book that I've found to be the most informative and helpful in all things makeup artistry related has been "The Makeup Artist Handbook" by Gretchen Davis and Mindy Hall. It's expensive, but completely worth it. I consider it to be an investment in my skills as an artist.
Tomorrow's the big portfolio building photo shoot. I'm pretty excited, everything is already all packed up and ready to go, all I need to do is pick up some water. I hope to see you there, we can mess around with the airbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment