Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Mini MAC Haul

Clockwise from Left to Right Red Brick Matte eyeshadow, Swiss Chocolate Matte eyeshadow, Saddle Matte eyeshadow, Clear Lipglass, N5 Face and Body foundation, N1 Face and Body foundation. 

MAC has this great program called "Back 2 MAC" where you can bring your empty MAC containers and get free stuff back.  I have a huge bag of empties.  Like, hundreds of empties.  You see, tragically I live far far away from any MAC counter.  I have to drive no less than an hour to reach the closest MAC counter and farther than that to reach a stand alone store.  Today I happened to be visiting my sister, who lives less than 10 minutes from a stand alone store.  Guess who got to turn in 24 empties?  That's right, this girl.  If you return your empties to a stand alone store you get to pick either an eyeshadow, a lipglass or a lipstick so long as the lipglass or lipstick is not from the Viva Glam collection.  If you're wondering what that B on the lipglass is about, its to indicate that its a Back 2 MAC item.  So, if you have 7 empties, head to your nearest MAC retail spot and get some freebies.
  The Face and Body bottles were paid for.  I was told that they don't need to be thinned out to go into an airbrush, but my airbrush must have issues because its a little too thick for it.  I'm going to try adding mixing medium to it and see how that works, I think a three to one ratio, three drops of FAB to 1 drop of mixing medium should do it.
Speaking of mixing medium, I'm putting a tutorial together on how to mix your own airbrush foundation.  I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps I'm just a dunce when it comes to airbrushing. It's either that or I'm just having a run of bad luck with foundations and my airbrush.  So far, L'oreal's True Match Naturale has been the only foundation that's worked according to plan.  Too bad it's so limited in color selection.  Funny thing that, not everyone is pale and pink.  Why haven't drugstore brand cosmetics realized that yet?  And why do they assume everyone's pale?  If you go to Khol's you can find a fairly decent selection by Vera Wang, they've got a nice deep color, but it runs to the orange and there is glitter in the formulation.  I think it's supposed to create a glowing complexion but really...it just looks like you're going out clubbing.  Glitter may be my favorite color, but I also believe in moderation.  It doesn't belong on your face on a regular work day.  Unless it's a part of your job, in which case, tear it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment