Monday, October 7, 2013

Before and After 2, Karissa



A big thanks to Karissa for letting me play with her face.  She came into the salon to visit with me and get her hair done and left with hair AND makeup.  Karissa has fabulous skin and a face I could make up over and over and not get tired of. She is also one of those people who cannot stop blinking and flinching when you apply makeup to her so it gets pretty lively and very amusing when it comes time to do the mascara and eyeliner.  I used MAC's face and body for the foundation with NYX's HD Studio Finishing powder and NYX Dewy finish setting spray for the skin.  The face and body foundation would have been fine on it's own but I was experimenting.  On lips are Flower's nude lip pencil and MAC's Blankety lipstick.  I've been using NYX's Black Bean jumbo pencil with a MAC 266 or 212 to get a nice controlled black line.  It can be smudgy on some lids so you can set it with black eyeshadow or a translucent powder like the HD Studio Finishing powder or you can just use a gel liner made specifically for eye lining.  Again, I've been experimenting.  I used MAC's Malt eyeshadow to fill Karissa's brows.  She made it very clear that she did not want me to groom them at all.  I respected that.  You should always listen to your clients if you want repeat business.  It's hard sometimes, but it must be done.  You may know what looks best, but they know what they like best and sometimes the two don't meet.  Lucky for the both of us, Karissa's brows are pretty good looking and don't need much help from either of us.  So that's Karissa before and after.  Thanks Karissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment