Friday, October 4, 2013

What's a Headshot and why do I need one?

So...that's my temporary headshot.  A headshot is industry lingo for a picture of a person's face or just their head, hence "headshot".  Why do I need one?  Well because a position I recently applied for asked for it. It's industry standard.  I don't know why but I can make a guess.  It's because people want to see what their makeup artist looks like.  Have you ever walked up to a makeup counter and picked who was going to help you based on who's face looked most like what you wanted to look like?  Yeah.  It's like that.
  Why do I look so long suffering you ask?  Because I really really don't enjoy having my picture taken.  It's why I always work behind the scenes.  There are only three people on the planet who have ever been able to take good pictures of me, two of them are professionals.  The other is my husband, who can always make me laugh.  I full well intend to get a professional headshot done, I just needed something quick, so I threw on some makeup, grabbed my camera and a friend and had her take a bunch of shots with the belief that one of them was bound to work.  Now you're looking at it.  And that's the story of the headshot. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment